Marine water quality is a focus of monitoring agencies and the public, and it is the subject of several European Directives and regional conventions. Earth Observation can provide some valuable parameters for assessing marine water quality (WQ). Therefore the AquaMar project is developing downstream services turning Marine Core Service (MCS) products into WQ services, demanded by end user.
The objective is to improve existing products and develop new products for supporting user needs at European level by:
- methodological research extending the existing WQ portfolio along 5 novel product lines
- turning these into pre-operational services
- establishing a validation & quality evolution process and data
- evaluating the services with end users through service delivery trials model adaptation to MCS
- transferring the developed services to other services providers (SP) through a well defined process (technical and organisational framework).